Milton will hold its annual Memorial Day Observance on Monday, May 25, 2015.
The American Legion Post #114 will begin its program with the raising of the flag and the placing of the wreath at 9:30AM at the Town Hall. Following this observance, participants will march to Milton Cemetery for the customary ceremony that will begin at 10AM.
TOWN HALL – 9:30AM
1. Raising of the Flag – Legion Members
2. MHS Band – National Anthem
3. Placing of the Wreath at War Memorial – Legion Members
CEMETERY – 10:00AM
1. Introduction – Frank Stout, Legion Member (Introductory remarks: Special guests Colonel Burke, keynote speaker and Mr. Hyman Levy, Purple Heart recipient) Address loss of two revered members of Post 114, both former Marines; M. Joseph Manning and John MacVarish who would be most gratified to know that a Marine is delivering today’s remarks.
2. Greetings – Joseph M. Reardon, Chair Cemetery Trustees and
– Paul McDonnell, Commander of American Legion Post #114
3. Invocation – Reverend Arthur Wright, Pastor, Saint Mary of the Hills Church
4. Mixed Chorus & Band – Armed Forces Salute – Songs from all branches of the American
Armed Forces, under the direction of Rebecca Damiani.
5. Welcome – David T. Burnes, Member of the Board of Selectmen
6. Gettysburg Address – Megan Caljouw, MHS junior
7. Band Selection – God Bless America by Irving Berlin under the direction of Rebecca Damiani
8. Introductory Remarks – Frank Stout introduces keynote speaker Colonel Paul Burke
9. Keynote Speaker – Retired Marine Colonel Paul V. Burke
10. Medal Pinning Ceremony – Mr. Hyman Levy receiving his purple heart
11. Placing of Wreaths – Legion Member
12. Roll Call – Legion Member
13. Volley/Echo Taps – Legion Member/MHS student
14. Flag Raising – National Anthem – MHS Mixed Chorus
15. Remarks – State Representative Walter F. Timilty
16. Benediction – Pastor Shelly Davis, East Congregational United Church of Christ
17. Band Selection – Freelance March – MHS Band